Fire damage restoration and cleanup costs anywhere from $800 to $3,000 depending on many cost factors. Most homeowners end up spending between the ranges of $4,000 to $26,000 in the US for 2022 according to AngiesList.
According to Thumbtack, “On average, homeowners pay between $3,500 and $5,000 to recover after a small fire. Of course, if a roof needs to be replaced or kitchen cabinets need to be restored, the cost can get as high as $50,000.”
Most of the cost or all of the cost could be covered by homeowners’ insurance. However, a licensed professional will need to do the repairs. You should talk to your agent before you hire anyone to repair or rebuild your home. Bottom of Form
Fires can cause a lot of damage to your home. This is a result of the fire and how the fire was extinguished. The price for cleanup will be based on:
- The repairs that are needed
- How much damage there is
- How many rooms there are
How Much Is Fire and Smoke Repairs?
For a 2,700 square foot home, it can cost around $4.75 per square foot. That comes up to $12,825.
A professional will use certain factors to calculate the cost:
- Cleanup of burnt material: $55 to $125 per pound. A professional will remove the burnt items safely.
- Soot Cleanup and removal: $2,500 to $6,500. Soot can build up on walls, carpets, and curtains.
- Water damage cleanup: $1,500 to $4,000. Water can damage your furniture, floors, and walls. It can also get much worse as time goes on. You can prevent mold if you repair the water damage.
How Much Does it Cost for Smoke Damage Cleanup?
A professional would charge between $250 to $1,500 to clean any type of smoke damage. The costs are often calculated on how long the smoke has been there and how it needs to be removed.
AMFam says, “Typical costs for clean-up after a fire has occurred are between $3,000 and $26,000. Smoke remediation itself can cost between $200 to $1,000 depending on how much furniture, clothing and carpet requires deodorizing. ”
Curtains, carpets, and clothes will absorb smoke. This ends up creating a powerful smell, and it only gets worse. Cleanup needs to be done at the source of the smell, and it should be done after water damage and soot have been removed.
What Is The Cost of Smoke Damage Removal Based on Method?
A professional will clean up smoke damage in two ways:
- Ozone treatment: $250 to $550+. Ozone machines will break down any odors at the source.
- Thermal Fogging: $250 to $650. Fogging can remove smoke damage from all different types of fabric.
How Much Does Cigarette Smoke Removal Cost?
It can cost more than $4,500 to remove cigarette smoke. Many people can pay between $2,500 to $6,500, but depending on the damage, it could be more than $12,000.
You might need a lot of different services to remove the smell. Those services are:
- Ozone removal: $250 to $450. The treatment is done in one room at a time.
- Furniture cleaning: $150 to $250. Chairs, couches, and curtains will need to have special care.
- Duct cleaning: $250 to $600. Duct and vent cleaning prevents the smell from spreading.
- Indoor painting: $1000 to $3000. Painters will use KILZ paint to cover up the smell on the walls.
- Carpet removal: $800 to $3000. New carpet could be the key to stopping the odor.
How Much Does a Fire Suppression System Cost?
Many often pay $300 to $2000 for fire protection, even though the average cost is just $650. Most professionals will install a home sprinkler system for around $4000.
The repairs can add up pretty quickly. A prevention system can help to limit the damage. For instance, a sprinkler system can reduce fire damage by 90%, and it can keep your family safe.
Types of Fire Suppression Systems:
- Sprinklers: $1.00 to $3.00 per square foot.
- Smoke Detectors: $10 for generic ones but high quality for around $650 to $950.
- Fire Extinguisher: $40 to $150.
However, rebuilding the damage to your home can cost between $5,000 to $20,000. Just repairing your home can be close to $11,000. However, depending on the damage, it could be more than $45,000. What you end up paying will be based on the home insurance plan that you have.
To learn more about your coverage, you should speak to your agent and find what will be covered and what you may owe out of pocket if a fire happens.
Fire Damage Restoration Contractors in California
Plata Construction, LLC offers fire damage restoration services in Fresno, Clovis, Madera, Selma, Hanford, Visalia, CA and surrounding areas. Get a free fire damage restoration quote by filling out our contact form or by giving us a call today.